I can only imagine how many times today I will hear someone say thank God it’s Friday, or TGIF. So of course I wondered what the Bible had to say about it.
Firstly, each and every day is a gift from God: “This is the day the Lord has made, let us rejoice and be glad in it”. So, whether Friday or Monday, we thank God for the day. All days are equal in the eyes of God, and each day is to be observed with thanksgiving. We see in the book of Romans…
In observance of this Thanksgiving Day holiday, today’s quotes are all Bible verses… except one. Can you tell which thanksgiving quote is not from the Bible? Today, and everyday, we should step back for a moment and review all of the reasons we have to be thankful, and then give thanks to the One who is due our thanks.
I will praise the name of God with a song, and will magnify him with thanksgiving…
Today’s Bible or Not quote is about being blessed through giving, it’s a beatitude, but is it from the Bible?
Blessed are those who can give without remembering and take without forgetting. – Bible or Not?
Today, give of yourself and then quickly forget about it. And if someone gives something to you, always be thankful and never forget it. This is sage advice.
Here are the Beatitudes from The Sermon on the Mount, see if today’s quote fits in.
– Blessed are the poor in spirit, For theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
– Blessed are those who mourn, For they shall be comforted.
– Blessed are the meek, For they shall inherit the earth.
– Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, For they shall be filled.
– Blessed are the merciful, For they shall obtain mercy…