Well here we are, the end of 2011 draws nigh (sounds Biblical, no?). It seems that every year at the end of December we look back and ask ourselves, “where did the time go?”. And once again I am putting together our top 10 list of Bible or Not blog posts for the year, and giving thanks to all who have supported Bible or Not. So without further ado, here are the top 10 most popular quotes and blog posts for 2011.
1. Rise Until Lambs Become Lions – The quote “rise and rise again until lambs become lions” from the Russell Crowe / Ridley Scott movie remake of Robin Hood continues to be our most popular quote. Not only does the popularity of the movie keep this quote going but it also sparked an unexpected and heated religious debate.
2. Hosanna Save Us We Pray – A favorite on Palm Sunday (the week before Easter), it seems that everyone came home from church asking, “what in the world does hosanna mean and why did they say it?”. Enter Google and Bible or Not to give you the answer.
3. Laughter is the Best Medicine – Yes the origin of this quote comes from the Bible, and it’s true. Simple proof of that is the fact that 3 of our top 10 quotes are about laughter or funny Bible verses. Everybody likes a good laugh!
4. Funny Bible Verses – Laugh it up with a countdown of the top 10 funniest Bible verses – EVER! At least we thought they were funny (some funny ha-ha, some funny strange), but you can be the judge of that.
5. The Will of God Will Never Take You – A very encouraging quote of assurance tells us that the will of God will never take us to where the grace of God will not keep us. Bible or Not?
6. Do Not Pray for East Lives – This popular JFK quote teaches us that we should not be asking God for a life of ease, but rather we should be tapping into His strength so that we would be stronger people. Let’s remember that His strength is perfect.
7. Charity Begins at Home – A common misconception is that this quote comes from the Bible. There is a verse that is very close, so perhaps the Bible did inspire the idea that charity does begin at home.
8. God Will Never Put More on You – Is it true that God will never put more on you than you can bear? Is it in the Bible? You’re not the only one asking these questions, and we’ve got the answers.
9. Don’t Wake Me Up Funny Bible Verse – Be careful of how you wake someone up, it may be counted as a curse to you.
10. Always Follow Your Heart – Conventional wisdom tells us to follow our hearts, go with our gut, trust our instincts. See what our readers say about the quote “follow your heart, it’s never wrong”.
Thank you to our faithful readers and commentators, to our casual visitors, and to those who pass the word along and recommend Bible or Not to family and friends. Thank you to those who play the web game or Android and iPhone mobile apps, to those who send us feedback and especially to those who rate the apps with 5 stars . Thank you to those who send in kind words and prayers. But most of all, thanks goes to God without Whom none of this would be possible.