Firstly, Bible or Not wishes everyone a Happy Thanksgiving holiday. We have so much to be thankful to God for!
“Let us come before his presence with thanksgiving, and make a joyful noise unto him with psalms.” – Psalms 95:2 KJV
A great American tradition is Thanksgiving Day dinner with turkey and all of the trimmings, and while we enjoy good food with family, friends and loved ones, we should remember the joy that comes from the Lord. And what better way is there to have joy and thanksgiving than to play a game? So here is a game I encourage everyone to play today: The Thanksgiving Day Game.
The Thanksgiving Day Game – How to Play
During your Thanksgiving Day dinner, go around the table from person to person, with each person doing number 1, then go around again with number 2, etc.
1. Say something good about God that you are thankful for (something you know from the Bible or experience)
2. Say something good about the world that you are thankful for (nature, organizations, people, activities, anything good)
3. Say something good about yourself that you are thankful for (that God says you are or that He has given you)
4. Say something good about today that you are thankful for (any way that God has blessed you)
5. Say something good about tomorrow that you are thankful for (how we trust God with our future)
Now go back to number 1 and keep going round and round as long as you’d like.
I guarantee the Thanksgiving Day Game will be fun while bringing the true meaning of Thanksgiving into clear focus. God has blessed us all, in small and big ways, so let’s rejoice in it, be glad and give thanks to Him.
Let us also remember the many who are suffering today, the many who cannot find it in themselves to be thankful due to hardship, loss and affliction. The holidays are hardest on these, so let’s try to make a difference. After all if God has blessed us, should we not pass on that blessing to others? May God bless us all on this Thanksgiving Day, and let us be filled with joy and true thankfulness.